[FSF India] Open $ource is as dangerous as M$ (if not more)

Pappu fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Thu, 30 Aug 2001 11:21:51 +0530

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 02:15:06AM -0700, Vivekananda Prabhu wrote:

> 4) B grade software - The real danger of Open Source
> is that it will tie those users who love freedom to B
> grade software, as all Professional & Enterprise
> Editions will be closed source.
>
> You use a open source software to do some basic thing.
> As your business develops you want to do more advanced
> things. You suddenly realise you *lose your freedom*,
> get a closed source software & pay through your nose.
Even if we are willing to pay, we don't get the basic freedoms
that we deserve. We will be forced to pay for "LESSER software"
and by the time we realize that, we are trapped.

bye,
pappu.