[FSF India] Open $ource is as dangerous as M$ (if not more)

Kalyan Varma fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Wed, 29 Aug 2001 18:32:58 +0530 (IST)

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Vivekananda Prabhu wrote:

> Some of them go to the length of saying developers
> Read companies) should have the freedom to choose
> whichever licences they wish to (Notably Tim O'Reilly
> & seconded by Eric S. Raymond).Extending this argument
> even M$ Closed source/Shared Source licences are also
> OK for them. Isn't it?

You are contradicting yourself. Where the hell is my freedom if I cant
choose the license I want. I agree GPL is a good thing, but you cant
go around forcing people to use GPL. Its their choice. If they dont
mind others using their code , then what the hell is your problem ?
lets say I write a appilication. I really dont give a damn what license
it is under. All I care is that my appilication works.When I use Linux
I dont use it coz it is under GPL. I use it coz its the technology that I
like.

- kalyan