[LIG] Re: [FSF India] Re: WB Govt ties up with MSFT

Raghavendra Bhat fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 11:24:47 +0530

[Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 11:52:46AM +0530] Radhakrishnan CV :

> I will agree with Raju on the draft letter since we are
> talking to the political leadership of a state government
> who are all well aware of the values of freedom and democracy.

You are patently wrong ! Yesterday the deal was signed by the
West Bengal Govt. and M$.  We have to talk to the political
leadership about the value of *free* software and the *freedom*
that it brings along, all the more.  The technical issues can
wait and are not that pressing  :(

Better still, we shall not go on talking to the political leadership;
we shall go to the schools and start our work amongst the students.
We shall tell them about recipes, elephants and a small peg on the
ground, about the jailing of Dmitry, about Prof. Felten and more.

--
GPG: 1024D/F1624A6E              ragOO, VU2RGU
Helping to keep the  Air-Waves FREE         Amateur Radio