[FSF India] Linux'ising Kerala's Villages

Varghese B George fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Thu, 16 Aug 2001 12:50:48 +0530

Hello All.
  There has been lots of mails and discussion to stop M$'ising WB. How
about convincing "Gods Own Country"-Kerala's villagers to start using
Linux?
  A District Co-operative Bank in Pathanamthitta is going to start
computerising. Their requirements are modest, a 4 client computer and a
server network configuration to run a custom banking software for their
dily needs. They do not have any knowledge in using computers, so they
dont need to 'unlearn' M$ Windows.
  Once this bank has been succesfully computerised, other similar banks
will follow suit.
  A representative of this bank had asked me for advice on these
matters. I would like to know how to proceed from here. They would also
need a Customised Banking Software (in Malayam maybe???) to manage
their accounts.

--
Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware.

Varghese B George
XStream Software