[FSF India] Re:Draft Letter by Khuzaima A. Lakdawala

Khuzaima A. Lakdawala fsf-india@gnu.org.in
16 Aug 2001 11:26:49 +0530

"Kanti  Jadia" <j_kanti@rediffmail.com> writes:

> Free Software does not have the above restrictions. All Free Software
> comes with full access to source code and with full permissions to
> modify or customise the software as you deem fit.
>
> --Shouldn't we specify that the changes have to be reverted back.

Dear Kanti,

Further down, at the end of point 2, the letter states:

    Free Software does not place any legal restrictions on copying and
    distribution of software and, in fact, encourages the modification
    and redistribution of software for the betterment of society.

Does this reasonably address your query?

Yes, I know I am *fudging* it a little by not mentioning the GPL and
its requirement "that the changes *have* to be" given back to the Free
Software community. If you feel very strongly about this, please feel
free to add/insert this requirement in the letter before using it.

Regards,
Khuzaima