[FSF India] Raj Singh's posts

Mohit Agarwal fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 14:06:19 +0530 (IST)

Today AT 12:56 +0530, K G Kumar wrote:

> At 07:42 AM 8/11/01 +0530, Radi wrote:
> >Many users have by this time privately
> >written to me to take some steps to prevent this.
>
> Equally, there are others who have silently welcomed Raj Singh's
> posts which I, for one, find useful and informative. And is it

Well, it's not fair to conclude that those were silent did welcome his
posts[*].  They were silent, after all, and you never know what was
going on inside their *THICK* heads.

> really such a deluge as to clog up bandwidth? And terming his posts

IM(NS)HO, *YES*.

> "spam" is a mite unfair. For those who don't agree, isn't it just a
> matter of deleting or filtering his posts?

Nice idea, thanks!  Procmail is great, and GPL'd too ;-)

mohit

[*] Including the entire text in a message, esp. when it's available on
the internet, is not a wise thing to do.  And it becomes really foolish
if somebody repeats it after being requested not to do so.  You'll find
several messages in the archives where somebody would just mention the
URL, and that's it; e.g.

   http://gnu.org.in/pipermail/fsf-india/2001-August/000311.html

and many more ..  Quoting the entire text is not a bright idea.