[FSF India] Raj Singh's posts

Radhakrishnan CV fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 13:07:09 +0530 (IST)

On Sat, 11 Aug 2001 at 12:56, K G Kumar wrote:

   At 07:42 AM 8/11/01 +0530, Radi wrote:
   >Many users have by this time privately
   >written to me to take some steps to prevent this.

   Equally, there are others who have silently welcomed Raj
   Singh's posts which I, for one, find useful and informative.
   And is it really such a deluge as to clog up bandwidth? And

Yes, an average post is 5K multiplied by 200 subscribers, again
multiplied by 5 posts a day raising the mailserver load to 5000 K of
1000 mails in all. Cant this be reduced to 1K post with all five
URL's which means 200K and 200 mails which serves the purpose well
enough? KG:  do you find the difference now?

   terming his posts "spam" is a mite unfair. For those who don't

Perceptions differ, but verbatim quoting of whole documents already
available in the internet is obviously not the optimal usage of the
net and is aimed at spoiling the bandwidth, subscribers' diskspace
that might derive juvenile pleasure for the poster.

   agree, isn't it just a matter of deleting or filtering his
   posts?

True, people will be doing the very same thing, but even for that
one has to pay to the ISP and DOT.

--
Radhakrishnan