[FSF India] [Q&A] Gates and Dertouzos

Radhakrishnan CV fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 07:42:39 +0530 (IST)

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001 at 11:00, Raj Singh wrote:

   Titans Talk Tech : Bill G. and Michael D.

[...]

Raj,

Please be kind enough to restrain yourself from posting large chunks
of quoted text to this list. Many users have by this time privately
written to me to take some steps to prevent this.

While we all believe in the freedom of expression and sharing of
knowledge, this should seldom be construed as a licence to thrust
upon unsolicited material on others in the pretext of the highest
ideals of freedom and sharing.

Your quest for sharing information with the community is all the
more appreciated, but should you stoop to the level of spamming is a
questionable thing, especially when internet provides for sharing
information with least effort and resources by the simple intimation
of the related URL. It might also be remembered that the search
engines are at the disposal of all the subscribers in this list as
you.

Please dont take on the burden of teaching the community singularly
on your shoulders, for, your shoulders will simply not bear it.
Obviously, you need a thorough introspection of your strategies of
community service.

Dont get offended with the above, you make me reminded that I'm an
old man mentally and chronologically.:)

--
Radhakrishnan