[FSF India] Modified letter to the Govt.

Khuzaima A. Lakdawala fsf-india@gnu.org.in
10 Aug 2001 10:41:52 +0530

>                     The history of Microsoft has shown that it has
> very little regard for serving any objectives except its own

That is the history of most multinational corporations. This is a
"virtue" of global capitalism. This is far beyond the ambit of the
Free Software movement.

The above may be changed to:

        The history of Microsoft has shown that it has nothing but
        contempt for its users' rights. By going ahead with your
        tie-up and subsequently accepting Microsoft's licensing
        agreement, you will be surrendering some of the rights which
        are otherwise guaranteed to us by our
        Constitution. Considering that it is the Governments *duty* to
        protect the constitutional rights of its citizens, it is
        unthinkable that the Government *itself* would surrender some
        of these rights to a foreign corporation.

--
Khuzaima A. Lakdawala