[FSF India] Violation of Fundamental Rights.

Raghavendra Bhat fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 11:07:31 +0530

[Tue, Aug 07, 2001 at 11:08:55PM +0530] M Balakrishna:

> Sorry for disturbing you

Not at all.

> Students are not informed of the fact that they require
> a license from a third party to use and practice what
> they are learning.  They are kept in dark about this part.

And also that they are indirectly made to make copies of
these *proprietary* programs thereby exposing themselves to
the 'information police'.  They risk arrest and detention
for no fault of theirs.  They are led to violate laws which
are of not their making !

There is a good cause of action here.....

If we intend to take this to task at all, stressing on this
aspect of the Syllabi; we have to frame the teachers who fix
these Syllabi for our schools/colleges.  The teachers who
have recommended the use of these *proprietary* material have
to be made answerable, they have to be literally sued in a
Court of Law for their irresponsible behavior.    The scope
of getting this remedied is very high.  The intent of these
syllabus-setters can be questioned, in that they may be
having a pecuniary/monetary benefit from the *non-free*
software companies.

The remedy lies in the recommendation of the use of *free*
software which can be *legally* copied and exchanged.
The use of *non-free* software in school/college syllabi
should be banned by a Court of Law.  Now someone has to bell
the Cat !

--
GPG: 1024D/3FD6C75E              ragOO, VU2RGU
Helping to keep the  Air-Waves FREE         Amateur Radio