[FSF India] FAX Numbers of WB GOVT.

Satyakam Goswami fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 15:08:23 +0530 (IST)

 On Mon, 6 Aug 2001 at 10:15, Satish Babu wrote:

  > In the first place, I should thank Raju for coming out
  > with a
  > powerful letter.
  >
  >   I believe that there should be a local group who can
  >   take up
  >   this issue and lobby the government. Are we aware of any
  >   individual or groups in WB who can highlight the
  >   dangers of
  >   this tie-up? Can we operate through local NGOs?  After
  >   working
  >   in NGOs for long, I think NGOs can be powerful allies
  >   in this
  >   struggle.
  >
  > This seems to be a viable method in the local level to
  > put pressure on the
  > WB government.
  >
  >   I also think that FSF-India should be prepared, with
  >   appropriate tools (at the very least, a dossier of
  >   documents
  >   that explain our position, and quoting examples of
  >   governments
  >   of other provinces and countries) to respond to such
  >   situations at short notice.
  >
  > Exactly.
  >
  >   Raju's letter is powerfully drafted. I wonder if such
  >   a letter
  >   should be sent by snail-mail or e-mail? Would clogging
  >   up the
  >   CM's mailbox brand us as cyber terrorists?
  >
  > Why not we have a web page for all those interested to
  > sign? We
  > shall keep the page for a period of one week or ten days
  > and
  > propagate the news to all the mailing lists inviting
  > people to sign the
  > document.
  >
  > After the specified period, we can submit a mass
  > memorandum to the WB
  > government. In the meantime, FSF Board can work out the
  > dossier of
  > documents.

i posted this message two hours ago i donna what happened i am sending it again.

  Well we can Fax the letter signed by FSF india board
  Members to the higher
  officials immedialtely.

  Buddhadev Bhattacharya (Chief Minister): 0332215480
  Mr Sitaram Yechuri in Delhi             : 0113747483

  conatacts on Linux-india site as coordinators

  Indranil Das Gupta :indradg@cal.vsnl.net.in
  Darshan Shah :darshan_shah@vsnl.com

  cheers
  S.Goswami