[FSF India] Re: [Reader-list] Re: [LIG] Re: WB Govt ties up with MSFT

Joy Chatterjee fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Mon, 06 Aug 2001 14:00:37 +0530

"Where as in case of GNU/Linux anyone can add the Indian Language layer
depending on the needs."
Its all theory but in reality MS Office has a hindi version but any Linux
software do not have any hindi version, Quark Express is also working on a
hindi version but Linux doesn't even have any publishing software like
QuarkExpress (and also web designing software), forget about Indian versions.
It is more over frustrating to see that there is no alternative of server
end bitstream technology for easy viewing of indian web pages in Linux. But
truth is IE has!

So I don't know how Linux people claim that Linux has more scope in Indian
language, where as proprietary models are already working on it !!!

Joy