[FSF India] e-governance

Rejin NS fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 11:19:40 +0530

Hello,

    It is disturbing to note that e-governance initiatives are taken without
visualising the whole picture. I think the Kerala IT Mission is using
GNU/Linux. Andhra Pradesh has also e-governance systems in place. So at the
end, will we have another e-governance initiative for India as a whole? Is
it not logical for us to develop interoperable systems? Obviously there will
be common functionality. Who is the right agency for overseeing this? Who
will set standards?

Along with communicating our thoughts to the Govt. of WB, should we not
impress upon the Central Govt.?

Regards,
Rejin.