[FSF India] hi, How to find network portin & Host portion of a ip address

viswanath nukala fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Sun, 5 Aug 2001 21:54:20 -0700 (PDT)

hi,

Friends, i'm newly joined to this mailing list
and i dont know where should i post my doubt
because i badly looking for some info i'm mailing !
please excuse me if i'm wrong!!

Is there any way to find Network portion & Host
portion of Given IP address under LInux & c platform.

I know there are some funcions like getnetbyname() etc
which is used for this, but this function is not
supporting under linux!
so is there any alternative for this? or

so, how should i go forward !

can any one please help me!!

with regards

viswanath