[FSF India] WB Govt ties up with MSFT

Satyakam Goswami fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 22:04:24 +0530 (IST)

FSF wake up this news comes at a bad time there are efforts from different
directions to make WB a Free Software State. Can we all make a presentation
on this immediately at least the board members can write somethin to this
senior official in WBEIDC and explain them that they are getting a one
way ticket.

<qoute>
A senior official at the West Bengal Electronics Industry Development Corp
(Webel) said the deal with Microsoft would help the state woo investments in the
information technology sector.
</unquote>

the closest contact info i could get was the following.
http://www.wbidc.com/contact.htm

the Westbengal.com site did not list email id's of Ministers and the CM,
they had phone numbers listed what a ridiculous thing to do.

I urge we should have a strong presentation from FSF on the follwing issues

1)Investment Promises which never come, tell them to learn from the
mistake of others.
2)You have to help yourself there will be nobody else helping you.
3)How,Why and where Free Software can help achieve there objectives.
4)Who is making $$ in this SLACK phase??

cheers
S.Goswami