[FSF India] Re: [FSF-India] RMS speech at MEC, cochin--needed some fast webspace.

Radhakrishnan C V fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 17:16:32 +0530 (IST)

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001 at 16:41, Ramakrishnan M wrote:

   Radhakrishnan C V wrote:

   > Our own http://www.gnu.org.in has sufficient space (2GB) is based in
   > UK. We shall use it for the above purpose.

   Just out of curiosity, I remember reading somewhere that the
   physical location of *.{com,org,net}.in should be India? do we
   violate this? I am not sure whether this rule is changed now.

Server can be anywhere, but the primary nameserver where the entry
of the server is made *should* be in India. Previously it was
insisted for the secondary name server too located in India, but now
NCST advise to have it in some other part of the world. They seem
to have learnt a lot from experience.:)

--
Radhakrishnan