[FSF India] Sublists

Radhakrishnan C V fsf-india@gnu.org.in
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 11:32:43 +0530 (IST)

It seems that we need to have more sublists based on themes now
under extensive deliberation like:

 1. Free Software in Education
 2. Programming and technical
 3. Projects, developer coordination
 4. General (philosophy, events, licence, etc)
 5. ...

I would request the opinion of all on the question of whether we
shall have separate lists for the above and other items that may
come up in future.

The point is that some of our subscribers might be least interested
to receive post that has no direct influence in their lives and we
run the risk of unsubscribing owing to the vast number of mails to
their boxes.

Sublists have yet another distinction of systematically separating
the topics and anyone who wants to see the archives in future can
easily locate the posts relating to a specific theme.

We might keep the root list as a general discussion forum and an
announcement list for the major resolutions made in the sublists and
other matters relevant to the Free Software community.

Any thoughts?

--
Radhakrishnan