[FSF-India] Anybody doing Free Software Projects in India

Santhosh Narayana fsf-india@mail.gnu.org.in
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 11:23:19 +0100 (BST)

Hi there,
I'm a newbie to the list. Doing V Semester, GDIT,
IIIT-Hyd. In IIIT-Hyd, 70% of programming is in Linux.
Establishment of FSF-India is a  brilliant move.
Now its time to open a GNU/Linux Software Development
Pool with in the FSF-India.

Yes we should actively spread GNU/Linux solutions in
India for their mere reliability alone. Affordability
is an added reason.

It's been long we keep using developed packages from
the west. SuSe has a total german distribution of
GNU/Linux. Aryabhatta Linux, an ambitious project reg
the same was started by some members of ilughyd. May
be we need to coordinate and bring together all the
GNU/Linux developers onto a common platform and start
working on good projects.

Linux is a big success in China.

If such an initiative materializes, pls inform for we
would surely join hands minds for the same.

--
Santhosh(99055)
santhosh@gdit.iiit.net