[Fsf-friends] Mini DebConf Kerala 2011 on 22nd, 23rd and 24th April in MES Kuttippuram

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 10:21:08 IST 2011

Hi,

A Debian Mini Conference is a gathering of debian folks in an area. We
have been having debian meetups for a few years and this time we are
planning conferences in 4 cities across India. More about it at

http://wiki.debian.org/DebianIndia/MiniDebConf2011

We are starting with Min DebConf Kerala in MES Kuttippuram. This year
focus has been to get more people contributing in debian with a
special focus on hands on training in creating and maintaining debian
packages. We will start with introduction of debian - why it is
unique, why debian etc and introduce various tools used in debian. We
will have a gpg key signing party - a key component of trust in a
distributed community like debian.

Then move to packaging a sample application explaining various steps
in detail - giving a chance to try it hands on while we explain it.
Once packaging session is over, we encourage every one to take up one
package and start working on it. We will have people who know
packaging to provide help as required.

If you are interested register at
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianIndia/MiniDebConf2011/Participants

Regards