[Fsf-friends] Sign an Open Letter to the CJI in Support of Prashant Bhushan

Juan Carlos Gentile Fagundez jucar at hipatia.net
Tue Sep 28 15:34:14 IST 2010

On Tuesday 28 September 2010, Raj Mathur (राज माथुर) wrote:
   |On Tuesday 28 Sep 2010, V. Sasi Kumar wrote:
   |> On Tue, 2010-09-28 at 09:58 +0530, Raj Mathur (राज माथुर) wrote:
   |> > *Sigh* I'm sure there must be some connection between this and free
   |> > software in India, but I'm stupid and fail to see it.  Would
   |> > someone be kind enough to enlighten me?
   |>
   |> As I understand it, Free Software is about freedom. If we don't have
   |> the freedom to say what we would like to, and point out cases of
   |> corruption, then there is no meaning in talking about the freedom of
   |> software. I think our basic freedoms are much more fundamental than
   |> the freedom of software. And we need all possible people to fight to
   |> protect them. So we make use of all available fora to request people
   |> to contribute their mite. Those who are willing to can contribute to
   |> the efforts. Those who don't want to, for whatever reason, ignore
   |> it.
   |
   |Let me explain it in words of two syllables:
   |
   |There is a concept called "being on topic"; there is also a concept
   |called "topic for a forum".  This forum is about free software and
   |directly related issues in India.  Being on topic in this forum implies
   |that posts are to be somehow related to software freedom in India.
   |
   |Corruption of the judiciary, the failure of the CWG, the difference
   |between the Congress and the BJP, the bust measurements of Bollywood
   |actresses -- all these, however interesting to some participants, are
   |NOT related to software freedom in India.
   |
   |If you claim that they are, then I shall henceforth write about whatever
   |comes into my mind and use this list as a personal blog until the admins
   |decide to either (a) ban me from the list, or (b) take a clear stance on
   |on-topic and off-topic postings.

thinking like this you are not a freedom fighter.
waiting for admins to ban you? what is this ? who can ban who?
is this freedom ?
what are freedom topics ?
is freedom in software a different issue ?

best

try to be free :)

juan

[ot] linux-dheli ? do you have a group for the kernel stuff or is a gnu-linux
group?

   |I joined this list to discuss software freedom in India and directly
   |related issues.  Now it seems to be a public forum for airing pet peeves
   |and drumming up support for causes and topics completely unrelated to
   |software, software freedom, personal privacy or technology in India.
   |Fair enough, I have pet peeves and causes that need support too, and
   |since this is the place to bring them up, I shall do so without any fear
   |from now on.
   |
   |End of this discussion from my side.

   |-- Raj

			Gutta cavat lapidem

http://www.hipatia.net - http://aty.hipatia.net - http://guri.c-o-d-e-x.net
		marroncito.hipatia.info
Italia - tel: +39 3929657778  - India - +91 8129860036 - Uruguay +598 099
945009
jabber: jucar at hipatia.net

email: jucar at hipatia.net , jucar at roar.music.columbia.edu
Fingerprint: 7464 DDDE 9D5D 3B6C CBF9  7699 A021 CE74 EA7A D95A
Public key 0xEA7AD95A at http://pgp.mit.edu