[Fsf-friends] Sign an Open Letter to the CJI in Support of Prashant Bhushan

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 15:12:25 IST 2010

2010/9/28 V. Sasi Kumar <sasi.fsf at gmail.com>:
> As I understand it, Free Software is about freedom. If we don't have the
> freedom to say what we would like to, and point out cases of corruption,
> then there is no meaning in talking about the freedom of software. I
> think our basic freedoms are much more fundamental than the freedom of
> software. And we need all possible people to fight to protect them. So
> we make use of all available fora to request people to contribute their
> mite. Those who are willing to can contribute to the efforts. Those who
> don't want to, for whatever reason, ignore it.

At the least an [off topic]/[OT] tag should be there when discussing
topics outside of the lists mandate. On the other hand if every one is
happy to open up the list for discussing anything that "friends of fsf
india" would like to discuss, I would also like to start discussing
more about the faults of of educations system, lack of accountability
in judiciary, lack of honesty in scientific institutions in our
country ... Should I start new threads on these topics?

--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍