[Fsf-friends] Sign an Open Letter to the CJI in Support of Prashant Bhushan

Raj Mathur ( राज माथुर ) raju at linux-delhi.org
Tue Sep 28 14:39:31 IST 2010

On Tuesday 28 Sep 2010, Juan Carlos Gentile Fagundez wrote:
> [ot] linux-dheli ? do you have a group for the kernel stuff or is a
> gnu-linux group?

No, it's not kernel only, it deals with the Linux Operating System.  And
no, it's not a GNU/Linux user group either.  We choose to call the OS
Linux, and we don't stop people from calling it GNU/Linux on the list or
at meetings and events, if they so choose.

To clarify in advance, I'm not interested in participating in a
discussion on the relative merits/demerits of OS names -- I've already
said what I wanted to say on that topic many years ago on this list.

Anyway, I have to get back to composing my next e-mail to this list on
some issue that I feel strongly about.  How does "Indian Free Software
Activist Needs Cash to Buy Car to Popularise Software Freedom" sound?  I
feel really strongly about that one, and I'm sure I can find some
friends on this list who would support me (specially the ones who live
nearby and hope to hitch rides).

Regards,

-- Raj
--