[Fsf-friends] Fwd: [Conferencecommittee] National Confernce on free software - Inviting Prentations on accesbility

Raghavendra S raghuarr at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 22:06:39 IST 2010

Dear All

http://www.nc2010.fsmk.org/

Session on Accessibility : Call for Experience Sharing
------------------------------ --------------------------
A special track on accessibility has been planned in the conference. The
objective is to build more awareness of accessibility, which is a growing
concern for the Web and computing in general, and to drive the development
work in this area effectively by experience sharing. We are inviting those
working in this area to share their experience using this forum. We would be
interested in those working with people with disabilities to understand
their perception of the needs in this area, and also those building
solutions to understand what is being done. CDAC Mumbai is running an
accessibility project as part of the national resource centre for FOSS
(nrcfoss.org.in) aimed at enhancing the accessibility of a FOSS desktop. The
project objective is to identify the needs and existing work in this area,
and consolidate them to build a more accessible desktop environment. The
session is motivated by this work. If you would like to present your work in
this forum, please send a mail to aparna at cdacmumbai.in
or sasi at cdacmumbai.in with a brief description of your work and your profile
[not more than one page]. We will short list a few from the submissions
received, for presentation. Please send your
writeup before 12th March, 2010.

thanks
Senthil,
Convenor - FSMK