[Fsf-friends] Update - clarifications from the multimedia expert in the IOTA CBT workflow case

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 16:23:22 IST 2010

Hi all,

Last night Dr Mandar Mitra (of ISI Kolkata and IOTA board member) - an
old friend and long-time FOSS user, sent out a rebuttal to the claims
of unfitness of Audacity as a audio rec / edit tool. In his email he
spoke about how he would do his recordings and what has been his
experience so far with it [1]. He also invited Shri Anindya Banerji,
the multimedia expert in question to further clarify his comments and
remarks about Audacity vs Audition.

A while back Sri Banerji, responded back with his clarifications. I've
put up his response on my blog -
http://indradg.randomink.org/blog/archives/155

Mr. Banerji's response makes for rather interesting reading and I
would request input from all, but particularly (based on my limited
knowledge) from Dr Nagarjuna, Niyam Bhushan, jtd and others who have
come in with specific inputs so far on this topic.

thanks