[Fsf-friends] UC protest

Nagarjuna G nagarjun at gnowledge.org
Sat Jul 10 09:32:34 IST 2010

May be it is already known to you, but I thought it is interesting
protest, and we should ask our Indian scientists to do the same.

all UC Faculty would be strongly encouraged to:

- Decline to peer review manuscripts for journals from the Nature
Publishing Group.
- Resign from Nature Publishing Group editorial and advisory boards.
- Cease to submit papers to the Nature Publishing Group.
- Refrain from advertising any open or new UC positions in Nature
Publishing Group journals.
- Talk widely about Nature Publishing Group pricing tactics and
business strategies with colleagues outside UC,
and encourage sympathy actions such as those listed above.

We clearly recognize that the consequences of such a boycott would be
complex and present hardships ...

Read the story from here. full from here:
http://www.today.ucla.edu/portal/ut/uc-libraries-faculty-protest-proposed-160117.aspx