[Fsf-friends] Need your help

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.fsf at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 18:18:40 IST 2010

On Sun, 2010-07-04 at 17:39 +0530, Raj Mathur (राज माथुर) wrote:

> This list is meant for the discussion of Free Software in relationship
> to India.  Any other subject, however "worthy", is off-topic here.
>
> And don't forget, your idea of worth differs from mine, as mine does
> from other peoples'.

I fully agree with you. But the post in question was more in the nature
of a request to support a cause that should be of interest to all
Indians. Specifically, it was not a post for initiating a discussion on
a topic. It is possible that some of us may have never heard of this
matter from another source.  To that extent, I guess, we can let it go.
Perhaps, an [OT] label would have been appropriate. This is not to say
that people campaigning for anything can post such requests to this
list. But, I guess, an occasional such post on some matter of public
interest can be tolerated.

Regards
Sasi

--