[Fsf-friends] ICE FOSS'10 @ FISAT

jijo thomas jijo7thomas at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 19:18:31 IST 2010

Hi all,

The Free Software Cell of FISAT Engineering College
(Angamali,Cochin,Kerala), FFSC is organizing a national level FOSS
Conference "ICE-FOSS '10" on April 9th & 10th.It will be highly gracious if
you could spare us some contacts for sponsorship and guide us in finding
speakers and resource persons for the events. We will be highly elated if
you and your team "Democratic Alliance for Knowledge Freedom"could take part
in the event and attend the seminars and open discussions*.

About FISAT
*
Federal Institute of Science And Technology (FISAT) is a ISO 9001:2000
certified private self financing Engineering College in the city of Cochin,
Kerala. The College has always been a centre of excellence and believes in
not just producing graduates of technology but in producing valuable
professionals who can contribute to the community.Within a short span of 7
years the college has become one of the most sought after engineering
colleges.
*
About FFSC
*
Fisat Free Software Cell established in 2006 under the Computer science
Department of FISAT and is one of the most active Student Cells in the
College. It stands for a person's right to use, study, copy, modify, and
redistribute computer programs. FFSC undertakes various open source related
projects and Dakshina - A high performance Cluster Computer was one such
project. We also conduct regular classes on Linux, Web Design and
development. FFSC activities also include Conducting linux install fests,
seminars and conferences.

Following are the events which we are planning to conduct:

Talks:

   -        FOSS,GNU & Ethics
   -        Green IT and High Performance Computing
   -        GIT Version Control Systems
   -        Free software in education and Beyond

Workshops

   - Kernel Programming
   - Qt Workshop (and Maemo Basics)
   - Python and SciPy

Open Discussions

   -  Localization and Malayalam Community
   - Open Source for the differently-abled (Focusing on Visually Challenged)