[Fsf-friends] Microsoft Research India to Work on UIDAI

Krishnakant Mane krmane at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 00:02:37 IST 2010

On Wednesday 17 February 2010 11:44 PM, ck raju wrote:
> Microsoft Research India announced its involvement in the Unique
> Identification of India (UIDAI) project at TechVista 2010 in
> Bangalore. The project seeks to provide valid identities to India's
> population of more than a billion people. "I am looking forward to
> working with researchers on technologies like multilingual computing
> and biometrics," says UIDAI chairperson Nandan Nilekani. Microsoft

Hmm so another opening for anti social digital kings to provide enough
security gaps for terrorists etc to work with.
Digital technology is good, but should an un-transparent technology be
excepted at the cost of peoples personal security and should we give
away our privacy to some one whom we cant even trust?

> Research India also launched a portal for the computer science
> community called ResearchAndYou.com. The portal is designed to bridge
> the gap between computer science researchers and the large pool of
> potential research talent in India. The Web site will provide students
> with an interactive forum where they can connect with researchers to
> ask questions and explore research opportunities. The site also will
> act as a single source of information for resources in different
> disciplines.
So again we can see the parasitic nature of microsoft.  Like paracites,
they will suck out all the talent, then make proprietory technologies
and sell it back to those same students or so-called researchers.  And
guess who will hold all the rights for our own inovations?