[Fsf-friends] Free software best suited for UI card project

Senthil S senthilsos at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 26 14:56:56 IST 2009

.

> > unquote
> >
> We all know that m$ is a dirty capitalist wo does uses all
> dirty tactics
> and does go against freedom.

like your direct style and just because you said this i cannot brand you politically as a communist, though many people would ignorantly do so . btw you have been a inspiration for many of us at fsmk. we love your video with elcot, chennai and especially the way the question on 'thie'

> Actually I would go one step ahead and say, not just
> leftist or
> communist, we must keep all political party propaganda away
> from the
> focul point, "Free Software ".
> If there is a political party which gives free software
> such an
> important place in their agenda, it is really
> welcome.  But this should
> not go beyond cooperating to work for the cause.

"Protecting sovereignty with free software is a good idea and the duty of governments, says Stallman". If fsmk said the same thing how would that become a digression from free software.

We at fsmk are contributing like anybody else - ieee workshops on the kernel , volunteering for teachers workshops, web workshops, talking free software philosophy in colleges and slum computing,

Yes we have been talking about the links between free software and digital divide, we have been talking about the links between free software and sovereignty. Your talks on accessibility has been an eye opener for us and we do talk about it to students .

I thought we would have an alliance and community at fosscomm and the expansion of debate into these domains is only welcome for free software.

We do not hesitate to change our positions and explain - if we got something wrong - we do believe in compiler errors , unit testing and churning out better code.   We are kids anyways compared to many veterans here. Do let us know. As of now the kids don't really understand ;)