[Fsf-friends] Free software best suited for UI card project

Krishnakant krmane at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 12:51:13 IST 2009

On Sat, 2009-09-26 at 11:15 +0530, Vivek Varghese Cherian wrote:

> > Naturally, the movement finds Microsoft’s proposal to undertake the project
> > ‘disturbing.’ While on one hand — a write up in the FSMK newsletter claims —
> > Microsoft’s involvement would sabotage a state’s, and by default its
> > citizen’s, right to control the software on which the most crucial data
> > would sit, it also paints an alarming picture of the IT giant’s associations
> > with the US government and slips in the suggestion that it would let the
> > Americans sabotage the whole network as a part of a cyber attack if things
> > come down to that.
> >

> The article in Deccan Herald was based on something which FSMK said
> and FSFMK was founded by one well known leftist sympathizer. No prizes
> for guessing the name.
>

> The article which you quoted from Deccan Herald itself says,
>
> quote
>
> If we exclude certain extremist portions of the FSMK’s case against
> Microsoft, especially the erroneous portrayal of the IT company as an
> arm of the US government and a dirty capitalist establishment, much of
> its argument makes sense.
>
> unquote

We all know that m$ is a dirty capitalist wo does uses all dirty tactics
and does go against freedom.

> Why are you equating Microsoft = Americans/American Government ?
> Exactly.  I think it is bad to genralise.  We have very good FOSS supporters in America as well.

> RMS is an American, so is EMS and so is Linus (at least these days)
> and so are all the staff of FSF Boston and so are countless hackers ,
> so are they all part of the 'American sabotage'. ?

Bingo!
> One small request: Kindly keep Leftist/Communist  propaganda off this list.
>
> I am a FOSS software supporter from Cochin, Kerala and I find your
> distorted argument that Freedom is something that the Americans are
> about to steal from the rest of the world using Microsoft and your
> quoting of FSFMK as nothing more than leftist propaganda and request
> you to refrain from such fact distorting tactics on this list.

Actually I would go one step ahead and say, not just leftist or
communist, we must keep all political party propaganda away from the
focul point, "Free Software ".
If there is a political party which gives free software such an
important place in their agenda, it is really welcome.  But this should
not go beyond cooperating to work for the cause.

Happy hacking.
Krishnakant.