[Fsf-friends] [fosscomm] wifi restrictions

Mahesh Aravind ra_mahesh at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 22 13:02:37 IST 2009

The Indian govt seems to be living in a state of paranoia. When they face something they don't know how to control, they BAN it.

Ban yahoo groups because some activists posted some nonsense which hurt the govt.

Ban orkut, because some dimwits think posting nude pics on their profile is a cool idea.

Ban BlackBerry, because RIM won't provide the encryption key. And all terrorists uses Blackberry anyway.

Ban skype, it uses VoIP to call terrorists all over the world, and is untracable.

Now ban open wifi, because terrorists will access p0rn through your wifi signals.

Why, is it they can't implement preventive measures? Learn technology, come up with a competent measure to REDUCE threats rather than ban everything in sight?

Whenever there's username/password combination, there'd be 1000x times more exploits than there's now. Everyone is so keen in attacking 'protected' systems, rather than unprotected ones.

What now? no MAC id spoofing? You should use your PAN no. as your MAC. You should list all your electronic devices capable of WiFi access to the govt. Everyone should carry an Id card if he plans to use internet? Submit your site access logs along with tax filing to the govt.?

Ban all JPEG/MPEG formats as they carry pornography. Ban computers from 15 mts from children, as computers are full of porn and cyber terrorists.

Ban camera mobiles.

Ban bluetooth...

*BAN PEOPLE*!!!

Pissed,
Mahesh Aravind

-----
God grant us the serenity to accept the things we cannot change, courage to change the things we can, and wisdom to know the difference.

Registered Linux user #371671 -- http://maravind.blogspot.com/