[Fsf-friends] Why internet data cards are not available for laptops which work on GNU/Linux?

Satish Babu sb.inapp at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 16:28:45 IST 2009

I am using both the Airtel USB Data device and the BSNL EV-DO. I am
also aware the Tata Photon Plus can be made to work with Hardy with a
bit of tweaking.

The Airtel device is auto-recognized by Hardy, and is zero-config.

In many cases, these devices can be made to work with GNU/Linux as
generic modems, even while there is no explicit support from the
vendor.

satish