[Fsf-friends] [ANN][X-Post] SciPy India 2009 - Call for Papers

Kadambari Devarajan kadambari.devarajan at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 23:07:53 IST 2009

Call for Presentations
======================

The SciPy India 2009 Program Committee is currently developing the
conference program.  We are seeking presentations from industry as well as
the academic world.

We look forward to hearing your recent breakthroughs using Python! Please
read the full 'call for papers' <http://scipy.in/talks-cfp/>.

SciPy India 2009 Conference
---------------------------

The first 'SciPy India Conference' <http://scipy.in> will be held from
December 12th to 17th, 2009 at the 'Technopark in
Trivandrum'<http://www.technopark.org/>, Kerala, India.

The theme of the conference will be "Scientific Python in Action" with
respect to application and teaching.  We are pleased to have Travis
Oliphant, the creator and lead developer of 'numpy'
<http://numpy.scipy.org>as the keynote speaker.

Please register here <http://scipy.in>.

Important Dates
---------------

* Friday, Nov. 20: Abstracts Due
* Friday, Nov. 27: Announce accepted talks, post schedule
* Saturday-Sunday, Dec. 12-13:  Conference
* Monday-Tuesday, Dec. 14-15:  Tutorials
* Wednesday-Thursday, Dec. 16-17: Sprints

Organizers
----------

* Jarrod Millman, Neuroscience Institute, UC Berkeley, USA (Conference
Co-Chair)
* Prabhu Ramachandran, Department of Aerospace Engineering,
 IIT Bombay, India (Conference Co-Chair)
* FOSSEE Team

Sponsors
--------

* National Mission On Education through ICT - Ministry of Human
Resource Development, Government of India
* SPACE-Kerala (India)
* Kerala State IT Mission(KSITM)
* SIG-FOSS Of CSIy

--