[Fsf-friends] [FSUG-Bangalore] Fwd: [ilugd] AGBM, and elections to ILUG-Delhi: Sun., May 3rd, 2pm, SIT-JNU

CK Raju ck.thrissur at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 17:32:40 IST 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 2:01 PM, Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram at gmail.com> wrote:
> democratic republic we shall work to ensure that it remains as such.

I guess most amongst us understand *democracy* only through its
*representative style* and subsequently try towards the conquest of
*representative*.

However, democracy could also be interpreted in its *direct style*,
where everybody debates and decides on issues, whereby the minimal
representative character is there just to ensure this.

If we assume FSF-I to be one upholding direct democracy in principle,
enforcing the values through its minimal representative-ness, then
where is the need for carrying ahead with such a debate ? Are there
any instances where someone is prevented from participating any
debates ?

CK Raju