[Fsf-friends] [FSUG-Bangalore] Fwd: [ilugd] AGBM, and elections to ILUG-Delhi: Sun., May 3rd, 2pm, SIT-JNU

Vikram Vincent vincentvikram at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 11:23:45 IST 2009

2009/3/25 V. Sasi Kumar <sasi.fsf at gmail.com>:
> I feel some misleading statements are being made here, probably due to
> ignorance. Let me just try to clarify.
>
> 1) FSFI is registered as a not-for-profit company under Section 25 of
> the Companies Act

All Companies under Sec 25 of the Companies Act are accountable, need
to maintain transparency, etc... Does FSF-I follow this?
What are the misleading statements being made?

> 2) The memorandum of Association of FSFI is available on its website
> (http://www.gnu.org.in/about-fsf-india/fsf-india-memorandum
>
> 3) All decisions taken by the Board of Directors are taken
> democratically through discussions and voting, where necessary
>
> Let me emphasise that FSF-India is not a mass movement. I hope this
> clarifies the confusion.

Who talked about mass movement? What was the confusion?
The election of the Board members and nomination of others is not
transparent (even under the Companies Act) is the issue being pointed out.
Correct me if I am wrong on this.
--
Vikram Vincent
+919448810822