[Fsf-friends] [fosscomm] Redmond Codelifter all set to enter FOSSCOMM?

ck raju ck.thrissur at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 09:40:10 IST 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 12:20 AM, Mohit Singh<gmohitsingh at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have said it earlier and this is my second reminder that the Redmond
> Codelifter has started 'open source' and can very well be on this
> mailing list with full right to be here! PLEASE draft a policy to keep
> it out or stop bashing it!

"Over the years, Microsoft statements toward open-source software have
ranged from derision and threats to mollification and even cautious
praise.

Microsoft's Thursday announcement of a significantly more
accommodating approach to open-source programmers is just the latest
refinement of the company's ambivalence. At the same time that
Microsoft's new arrangement opens up previously secret specifications
and protocols for use in open-source software, it also insists that
companies planning on distributing or using that software need a
patent license."
Story at http://news.cnet.com/8301-13580_3-9876187-39.html

So long as it promotes or reproduces proprietary, non-free licenses,
many of us should refresh our pledge to fight against the corporate.
If Open Source/Free Software champions have succeeded in impressing
upon the corporate to work in favour of Free Software or Open Source,
we would be doing them a disservice by preferring to keep quiet !!

CK Raju