[Fsf-friends] Kerala school training material

Raj Mathur raju at linux-delhi.org
Wed Jul 8 06:41:24 IST 2009

OK, I was under the impression that these materials were available under
a FOSS-friendly licence for download, use and adaptation for other
environments.

On Tuesday 07 Jul 2009, Arun M wrote:
> Dear Raju,
>
> > - Teachers' training material
>
>  - Teacher's hand book is available.

Link please.

> > - Teachers' training curricula and time frames
> >
> > - Ditto for the Train the Trainers programme
>
> There is no formal curriculum or book.
> We conducted several different kinds of workshops.
>
>  - Introduction based on School textbook and teachers's handbook
>  - Installation and Troubleshooting
>  - Setting up school network
>  - Training on software for IT enabled education.

Links to whatever materials you developed/used would be useful.

> > - School curricula on and using FS
>
>  - Available from school stores.

No soft copies available?

> > - Accompanying textbooks, training guides, etc.
>
>  - Available from school stores.

Soft copies?

> > Anything else that is available apart from this would be great.
>
> Some experienced trainers ;)
>
> If some one needs text book it is good time to get hold of that.
> Schools just started and books are being distributed.
> Teachers hand book I am not sure if we can get  copies.
>
> BTW, we recently started an effort to create a new curriculum. Lost
> momentum in between. If there is interest we can share some thoughts.
> We can improve on IT at School (Kerala).

Sure, we can work together, but there are immediate problems to be
solved too, looking at those at the moment.

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur                raju at kandalaya.org      http://kandalaya.org/