[Fsf-friends] US President thinking of mandating "Open Source"

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.fsf at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 22:27:25 IST 2009

Obama exploring option of mandating "Open Source" software in
government, says this story: http://government.zdnet.com/?p=4297

Seems interesting. When will we have a Prime Minister who understands
the benefits of Free Software? Hope Obama really decides to mandate Free
Software in government. We can then use the story to campaign in our
country. Wish Obama understood the philosophy of the Free Software
movement and mandated Open Access and Creative Commons licencing for
material generated using public funds too.

Best
--
V. Sasi Kumar
Free Software Foundation of India