[Fsf-friends] Free Software a Social Movement yet ???

Anilkumar KV anilankv at gmail.com
Sat Jan 10 12:10:07 IST 2009

2009/1/10 ck raju <ck.thrissur at gmail.com>

> On Sat, Jan 10, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Anilkumar KV <anilankv at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Tarnish the image of a partner organisation with baseless allegation will
> no
> (1) If an organisation can be tarnished with baseless allegation, then
> there could be serious problems with the way in which it is organised
> or constituted.

Here it is the other way around. There is serious problem with one who
raises the baseless allegations even in out of context. Tarnishing is not
the way of positive criticism. Here those who work around these baseless
allegations uses the platform of free software movement, to attempt to
prevent the functioning of a larger a organisation for software freedom.
These type of act is against the philosophy of freedom we advocate.

> (2) When a people-based organisation makes a section of people whom it
> believes are behind this act of tarnishing, its enemy or target - then
> also it ceases to be a people-based organisation anymore - because
> from that point thereon, it becomes factional - a situation from where
> it can no longer see *people* in its entirety. This is also a big
> problem if the organisation claims to be a peoples' organisation
> standing for ethical causes.

Let the people decide which are  people-based organisation. Deviating the
target of a forum of free software movements to tarnish other organisations
out of context is not done with good motive.

(3) Lastly, why should you want the organisation which you support to
> be accepted always by everyone as *Jesus-like* ? If we roll-back a
> little, be a litlle more tolerant to accusations, allegations etc,
> blood will continue to flow normally through our veins for better
> productive purposes !!

You may play with argument and counter argument by yourself, and not
attribute those to me. I was asking the free software movements to come
forward to work in coherence to strengthen the movement further. You may
listen and realise whose blood is flowing abnormal.

- Anilkumar K V