[Fsf-friends] Comrades’ new-found love with IT

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 03:26:11 IST 2009

2009/1/6 haynes davis <haynesdavis at gmail.com>:
>  "continuing the great tradition of the party."
>
> Was this sarcasm or did you really mean 'great'. Please realise what you are
> doing, its not what i am naming. You are proving it again.

haynes,

I was referring to past instances where party has branded people who
spoke against it. CIA spy, Media Syndicate ... to list a few.

> If all that you have been doing was as stated by you it would have been
> nice. But you do a little more as explained above.

When people who are passionate about what they are doing emotions can
overflow. After all it is not business as usual. But will try to be
more careful with words.

> We have to correct any deviations of Kerala govt from its IT policy. But
> working together will be really tough (but not impossible) considering  your
> blind anti cpim position which is doing more harm to the free software
> community.

Lets give it a try. Like a common minimum program, based on issues.
The issue we are discissing here is the violation of state IT policy.
Now we thought of writing a letter to the Kerala CM (since he is in
charge of IT) bringing the IT policy violations to his notice. We can
also give him examples of other governments which successfully
implemented Free Software, like Munich, South Africa ... and the
strategies they followed.

Now what else we can do? We are ready to listen to your ideas and work
on things we both agree on. May be you can discuss this in party
circles and bring it to the notice of party leaders.

In the community every one does not have to agree to every position,
but when people have common positions they come together keeping the
differences on other issues.

- Praveen
--
പ്രവീണ്‍ അരിമ്പ്രത്തൊടിയില്‍