[Fsf-friends] Comrades’ new-found love with IT

haynes davis haynesdavis at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 18:50:46 IST 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 4:03 PM, V. Sasi Kumar <sasi.fsf at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-01-06 at 14:12 +0530, haynes davis wrote:
>
> > where is sasikumar sir......
>
> Unfortunately, still alive. Not dead and gone.
>
> > please continue the  cpim bashing
>
> Unfortunately for this country, anything that even appears to go against
> the official party line is considered CPIM bashing by some fanatic party
> followers.

Its better that this applies only to ' some fanatic party followers.'
Whats the official party line you are referring to and who is going against
it.

I don't understand why they become so paranoid,

just think who is becoming paranoid of cpim hijack.

as though if
> someone says something that does not strictly follow the official party
> line, that is going to destroy that party

its not an issue of strictly following official party line, its an issue of
antagonizing the people who are supporting free software and there by doing
destruction to free software movement itself.

--even when the party's top
> brass reassures everyone that even if some of the party big shots leave
> the party, nothing is going to happen to the party, which has been
> demonstrated after erstwhile leaders like Gowriamma and MVR were thrown
> out. I don't understand what these people are afraid of. They seem to be
> afraid of independent thinking. They want only subservience. Sad. I am
> sure this statement also will be considered CPIM bashing by such people.

If you are referring to only ' some fanatic party followers' it cannot be
seen as cpim bashing. Or are you referring to a 'general' party follower. If
so you are creating an impression that usually party followers 'afraid of
independent thinking', ' they want only subservience'..... usually your
words create such vague impressions.. may be knowingly or
unknowingly.....may be because of your prejudice. This is what i am
referring to cpim bashing. So by your words i am including myself in ' some
fanatic party followers.'
But no one has insisted you to go by 'official party line'. Whats the
significance of 'official party line' here. 'official party line' is
something and free software movement is some thing else. If cpim supports
and propagates free software whats the big issue. you should also take note
that we are discussing about a political party which has officially decided
to support free software through its IT policy.
Do you think cpim involvement is bad to the free software movement, even if
cpim may be making any advantage out of that?
Or is it more important that cpim should not be promoted even at the expense
of growth of free software movement?

Haynes.