[Fsf-friends] Comrades’ new-found love with

justin joseph justinjoseph007 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 13:39:17 IST 2009

On Tue, Jan 6, 2009 at 1:13 PM, Maxin John <maxinbjohn at rediffmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
>   I usually don't fall prey to the "Flame wars" strategy though I
> enjoy that most when it is related to technology like:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanenbaum-Torvalds_debate

As always, good example of good flame, what has always exited me about this is
the time and the context.

>>Maxin another way of saying your opinion would have been to refer to
>>this:
>>
>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem
>
> Justin, Thank for the new word "Ad_hominem". Frankly speaking, I
> wasn't aware of this word till you pointed out.
>
> Justin, one more thing.. I am not a politically biased person. I
> consider myself free from Politics, religion and above all, America (
> I have the freedom to believe so, I guess)

But what you have said below shows a strong bias :-) which is allright
in a democracy and defines
it.

> When I was 12 years old, I have participated in a Rally conducted by
> the Left wing people of Department of Telecommunications (My father
> works with BSNL and believes in the Left wing till MVR left the
> party). Then our slogan was:

I missed it Maxin, my father was always with the congress.  Entire
family was always with them :-)

> "One computer will replace 10 workers. So prevent the computerisation
> in National Level ".
> I still remember me happily moving along with the crowd with my father
> with a red flag in my left hand :)

Am sure your father joined this rally because he genuinely believed
that computers would replace
him.  The context and time in history is important, I would say.
Still back in time we burned
all foreign (British goods).

There was some other movement, forgot the name.  In germany I guess,
which stood for
destruction of all machines, am sure this was not the intention of
your father or the other people
in that rally back then.

> If we were successful then, now we won't have to write these mails
> supporting freedom and GNU/Linux.
>
> Justin, if you still have some more patience left in your mind, please
> read what communist party thinks about freedom :
>
> Tiananmen square:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiananmen_Square_protests_of_1989
> About Stalin:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Purge

Am very well aware of these, the same way am aware of the dropping of
the Atom Bomb, The Nazi party,
Gujarat riots.. the stilll on going "operation Iraqi freedom",  Gaza!!...

Todays Hindu http://www.hindu.com/2009/01/06/stories/2009010654811300.htm