[Fsf-friends] Fwd: Is Microsoft ‘Pulling an EDGI’ on Kerala?

Raj Mathur raju at linux-delhi.org
Mon Jan 5 20:27:48 IST 2009

On Monday 05 Jan 2009, Mani A wrote:
> [snip]
> FOSS can never be compatible with capitalism.

This article is over 6 years old, but it still relevantly views FOSS
from the point of view of the capitalist.  Makes it quite clear there's
no dichotomy between the principles of FOSS and those of capitalism.

Note: before you jump down my throat, I'm not advocating that FOSS is a
capitalist (or communist, for that matter) phenomenon.  Only, trying to
fit FOSS into communism or capitalism is meaningless, since the
principles of FOSS apply only to intangibles whereas capitalism and
communism deal primarily with tangibles.

Regards,

-- Raju
--
Raj Mathur                raju at kandalaya.org      http://kandalaya.org/