[Fsf-friends] Comrades’ new-found love with IT

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 10:31:28 IST 2009

2009/1/3 കേരളീയന്‍ भारतीयन <keraleean at gmail.com>:
> Instead of blaming CPI(M) here, you may go to the office of Kerala Taxes and
> paste a protest poster on their board.

Last time I checked, Kerala has a CPIM government, and they have a
policy which says.

"6.6 Technology: Standards are very important in the integration of e-governance
services of various Government organisations. Open standards like
Unicode and Open
Document Format and Open Architectures will be followed in e-governance projects
to avoid total dependence on select vendors."

http://keralaitmission.org/web/main/ITPolicy-2007.pdf

and now they mandate use of a proprietary format (Microsoft Excel). So
what do you say about it?

Or is the "office of Kerala Taxes" run by the central government?

> This may enable some of the FSFI board members to hide their inefficiencies
> and malpractices by reaching to you for a protest gathering against alleged
> manhandling.

This doesn't even deserve a reply.

- Praveen
--