[Fsf-friends] Fwd: [fsug-tvm] Microsoft , Tata , KVAT and Me

Praveen A pravi.a at gmail.com
Sun Jan 4 07:32:56 IST 2009

Well, if Microsoft can buy iso and standardisation bodies of many countries,
then ... you can fill in the blanks here. I hope a monopoly like Microsoft
cannot buy CPIM policy, but you never know in this time of somersaults with
SEZ and ADB loan policies. Can some of left friends here confirm if there is
indeed a change in the views of the progressive parties stand?

On Jan 3, 2009 9:33 AM, "Sebin Jacob" <sebinajacob at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Hail the CPI(M) led LF govt. They have demonstrated how free and
proprietery > > softwares can...
Praveen,

That is what the party in claiming, at least as per the ie report.

"The new party policy will be a judicious mix of both free and proprietary
software," said an IT professional who attended the Sunday's meeting.

I was refering to it. (pun intended.)

Panchayath computerisation might be a judicious mix of both free and
proprietary software!

Sebin

-- ...if I fought with you, if i fell wounded and allowed no one to learn of
my suffering, if I n...