[Fsf-friends] Comrades’ new-found love with IT

V. Sasi Kumar sasi.fsf at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 12:58:15 IST 2009

Sorry, Vikram. I don't find any meaning in continuing this discussion.
You continue to see only what you want to see. But let me explain just
one point.

On Sat, 2009-01-03 at 11:39 +0530, Vikram Vincent wrote:

> If it was not confirmed that they are CPIM activists/sympathisers then
> what do you mean by "And from the details given about the conference,
> it appears that these people were CPM sympathisers or activists,
> though I may possibly be wrong about this part. "?
> Your disclaimer is a hoax.

The speakers included the IT minister from West Bengal and N. Ram. It is
interesting that the West Bengal minister was invited though that state
has still not decided to favour Free Software. Even the local minister
was not invited, if I remember correctly. N. Ram is a know CPIM
sympathiser and a person I respect for the way he runs the publication.
(You may interpret this also as CPIM bashing, but I can't help it.) All
this makes it appear to an impartial observer that the organisers were
CPIM sympathisers or activists. Nothing wrong in organising such a
conference. The wrong thing they did was to announce the formation of a
chapter of FSFI without even telling FSFI. They also used the FSFI logo
in their newsletter, as though to indicate that FSFI was involved. But
they did not announce it in fsf-friends or other mailing lists of the
community. Hope you don't justify that too.

Best
--
V. Sasi Kumar
Free Software Foundation of India