[Fsf-friends] Comrades’ new-found love with IT

sandeep sr sandeep.sr78 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 07:16:07 IST 2009

On 1/2/09, കേരളീയന്‍ भारतीयन <keraleean at gmail.com> wrote:

. Hence it is natural that
> progressive political parties are more concerned with software freedom than
> anyone of the FSM.

May be this 'concern' was the driving force, when CPM decided to go
ahead with the Panchayath Computerisation(done by IKM, headed by a
party bigwig P.V Unnikrishnan) activities entirely in M$ platform some
time back, ignoring the repeated pleas for using FS by many leftist
sympathisers. The 'concern by the progressive party' thus paved ay for
the biggest M$ project in India. If it were not for the vigilant and
dedicated work by FS activists in Kerala, the concerned guys would've
made M$ even richer.
Anyway, it is glad to see that the same people behind the IKM project
is considering FS as an option now. Let us hope that this afterthought
has come as a result of understanding the ideals of FS, rather than
seeing it as an opportunity to capture a hitherto untapped vote bank.

It's also interesting to see the silence of our activists for
'democratic free software movement' on the secret meeting on FS
organized by CPIM. If what Anivar has written is true, we have to be
watchful of the CPIM propagandists in FS forums. Is this a test ground
for them? FSF I their first target?

--
Sandeep