[Fsf-friends] Comrades’ new-found love with IT

renuka prasad renukaprasadb at gmail.com
Fri Jan 2 22:20:06 IST 2009

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Vikram Vincent <vincentvikram at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/1/2 renuka prasad <renukaprasadb at gmail.com>:
> > Who told  a party/individual/group about free software for first time, i
> > mean who introduced the concepts for them?
>
> The struggle for freedom is as old as humanity itself. Free (as in
> freedom) software (from the last 25 years) is just another expression
> of that struggle for freedom. So the free software movement has
> actually learnt about the struggle for freedom from history itself.

do so every one does

it may be myself, or you , group,community or a party ther e is no
exception.
No one can create the thoughts and ideas just like that.. every one has to
learn from history

Gravitation existed before newton introduced the concepts to everyone , it
is existing now and will exist in future also similarly with other
research/inventions/ thoughts/ideas.

We study gravitation telling that newtons law, Like newton many others might
have thought and may be even discussed , but he was the one who told the
world about his thought and the whole world respected his thoughts ..

Our teachers/parents/friends  have taught us gravitation or any other
concept may be better than newton ( we dont know ) but we never say that our
teachers/parents/friends  have introduced  gravitation. we always believe
and know that it was newtons invention.

This does not mean that
gravitation belong to newton or he is the creator..he is the one who
introduced the gravitation.

Only 5 % of the people will create history and 95 % studies that ..
we all are part of that 95% who read or study 5% history that was created ,
If we want to be part of that 5% people probably it may require fe w more
decades or lifes .

Free softwares existed even before RMS started to program ( read somewhere
from rms essays) . it was the group that time existed which shared the
softwares most.  that time there was no need for any one to exclusively say
as free software since the computers that time and the operators who were
operating them were suppose to work so....

Later  on FSM was initiated................................... etc etc is
known to all

Free software addresses and solves very few problems of society not every
bodies or every other problem.