[Fsf-friends] Debian Chiguru - Alpha CD released

Omshivaprakash H L omshivaprakash at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 20:38:11 IST 2009

Original Post: https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=922951
Project page: http://sf.net/projects/kannada

The Kannada Localization project and Tech volunteers group from
sampada.net community (http://tech.sampada.net) is happy to announce
Debian Chiguru distribution CD release.

The team released this CD on 7th February, 2009 during the GNU/Linux
Habba version 3 celebrated at NMAM Institute of Technology, Nitte. This
distribution has add-ons for Kannadigas to read, write and work with
Kannada on their computer.

Chiguru is based on Debian Lenny. The distribution is to focus on
providing an improved distribution for Kannada users in particular, and
Indian language users in general. This release can be used either as a
live CD, or as an installer CD. GUI installer is available.

We have long term goals to develop this distribution to meet specific
computing requirements for Kannada users and Karnataka. We encourage
users to download, install/run Chiguru and send feedback to the
community. This would help us improve it, evolve it into a much useful
packaged distribution.

Visit Gnu/Linux habba official website: http://habba.in

For support requests or to get in touch with the Technical team, write
to us: tech-volunteers at sampada.net

Cheers,
Omshivaprakash, Release coordinator
"A well-directed imagination is the source of great deeds"
--
With Best Regards,
Omshivaprakash.H.L | ಓಂ ಶಿವಪ್ರಕಾಶ್ ಎಚ್. ಎಲ್ | ॐ शिवप्रकाश् एच्. एल्

Website : http://www.techfiz.info
Blog : http://platonic.techfiz.info
Phone: 91- 9902026518
AIM : fizworks
ICQ : 265216744
IRC : #techfiz  server: irc.freenode.net channel: #linux-india
#ubuntu-in #gnu-india #kannada