[Fsf-friends] [Fsf-kerala] Free Software in Higher Secondary

renuka prasad renukaprasadb at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 10:12:07 IST 2009

On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 9:20 AM, Sasi Kumar <sasi.fsf at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2009/2/10 Renni P Mathunny <rennipm at gmail.com>:
> > See the attached file -- list of alternatives.
> >
> > But I am not aware about an alternative to Tally for Commerce students.
> > Creating an alternative for Tally is also a very improtant task, becuase
> now
> > a days auditors (FCA/ACA) are forcing even government firms to
> buy/install
> > Tally, becuase they are familiar with it. GNU Cash may evolve as an
> > alternative.

please check out these

http://gnukhata.gnulinux.in/svn/trunk/gnukhata/

http://gnukhata.gnulinux.in/svn/gnukhata1  some updates are going on here

Mr Krishnakant mane is leading the team, as far as i know a dedicated team
of mainly 5-6 BE students who are girls from Mumbai and ofcourse Krishnakant
and few boys are involved

the software is functional , they are working towards ver 1 release , may be
more details are available with them